Business Central Magazine
By JEANINE NISTLER // Photos by JOEL BUTKOWSKI, BUTKOWSKI DIGITAL IMAGING
With no business training, Michelle Henderson is turning her arts education and natural curiosity into a thriving digital marketing company…
By Kim Molitor and Carrie Christensen
A clean, organized workspace can save time, stress and even money.
Lost your sizzle?
By Noah Schmidt, WhiteBox Marketing
If your marketing efforts have lost their sizzle, here are three ways to get them back on track.
You may be great at motivating others, but what about yourself? One way to change behavior, the core of self-motivation, is to change the situation in which the behavior occurs.
Are some people born lucky or do they create their own luck? Or is it a little bit of both? These five habits may help you build a lucky company.
indulge your creative side
Creative inspiration can come in many forms: reading, listening to music, exploring a museum, or even something as simple as changing up your workspace. Here are nine ways to get you thinking outside that darn box.
improving hybrid work
Hybrid working arrangements can be daunting. The good news is that businesses are quickly learning where the biggest obstacles lie and how to minimize them.
We all complain about stress. Now it’s time to do something about it. By Lisa Bershok, MSW, LICSW
This story first appeared in the July-August 2022 issue of Business Central Magazine. If you’d like to try gratitude journaling, check out www.thnx4.org to sign up for an online gratitude challenge.
School vs. Work
What does the decline in college enrollment mean for the labor market – today and into the future? By Adina Arshad and Lynn MacDonald.
This story first appeared in the July-August 2022 issue of Business Central Magazine. A list of sources appears below.
- National Student Clearinghouse Research Center, (2022, January 13). Current Term Enrollment Estimates. https://nscresearchcenter.org/current-term-enrollment-estimates/
- Cervantes, C. V., & Cooper, R. (2020, December). Labor Market Implications of Education Mismatch. Retrieved May 4, 2022, from https://www.nber.org/papers/w28169
- Leukhina, O., & Werner, D. (2021, March). College Freshman Enrollment Drops During Pandemic. Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. Retrieved May 4, 2022, from https://www.stlouisfed.org/publications/regional-economist/first-quarter-2021/college-freshman-enrollment-drops-pandemic
- Nadworny, E. (2022, January 13). More than 1 million fewer students are in college. here’s how that impacts the economy. NPR. Retrieved May 5, 2022, from https://www.npr.org/2022/01/13/1072529477/more-than-1-million-fewer-students-are-in-college-the-lowest-enrollment-numbers-
- Schanzenbach, D. W., & Turner, S. (2022, January). Limited Supply and Lagging Enrollment: Production Technologies and Enrollment Changes at Community Colleges During the Pandemic. NBER. Retrieved May 4, 2022, from https://www.nber.org/papers/w29639
US Census Bureau . (2021, October 20). Census Bureau Data Reveal Decline in School Enrollment. Census.gov. Retrieved May 4, 2022, from https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2021/decline-school-enrollment.html
Regional roundup: Sauk Rapids
A Good Year
Growth, partnerships, and continued financial health featured at Sauk Rapids State of the City address.
Watch the Sauk Rapids Community video!