Worksite wellness activities can raise employee morale and customer satisfaction.
The following sources were used in the feature story on workplace wellbeing in the November-December 2015 issue of Business Central;
written by Mary MacDonell Belisle, mary macdonell belisle – wordingforyou
1. “Governor Mark Dayton proclaims 2014 as ‘the Year of Worksite Wellness,’” Minnesota Department of Health, < http://www.health.state.mn.us/news/pressrel/2014/worksitewellness020714.html >
2. Ibid., op. cit.
3. “Big Business Finally Learns That Wellness Is Good Business,” Arianna Huffington, The Huffington Post
, updated 4/1/15, < http://www.huffingtonpost.com/arianna-huffington/big-business-finally-lear_b_5559758.html
4. “A Unhealthy America: The Economic Burden of Chronic Disease,” The Milken Institute, < http://www.chronicdiseaseimpact.com/ebcd.taf?cat=state&state=MN
5. Workplace Wellness Fact Sheet, Minnesota Department of Health, 9/2013, < http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/oshii/worksite/docs/workplacewellnessfactsheet.pdf >
6. WYSAC, 2012, Minnesota Worksite Wellness Survey 2012
, by Dorssom, M. WYSAC Technical Report No. SRC-1212. Laramie, WY: Wyoming Survey & Analysis Center, University of Wyoming. < http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/oshii/worksite/docs/MWW_Report.pdf >
7. “Check-up Time: Chronic Disease and Wellness in America,” by Anusuya Chatterjee, Sindu Kubendran, Jaque King, and Ross DeVol, The Milken Institute, January 2014, P. 16 < http://assets1c.milkeninstitute.org/assets/Publication/ResearchReport/PDF/Checkup-Time-Chronic-Disease-and-Wellness-in-America.pdf
8. Workplace Wellness Fact Sheet, Minnesota Department of Health, 9/2013, < http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/oshii/worksite/docs/workplacewellnessfactsheet.pdf >
9. “CentraCare Health, Greater St. Cloud Development Corporation Partner Through Grant to Improve Community Wellness,” CentraCare press release - 2/17/15, < http://www.centracare.com/about-us/news-publications/news/2015/centracare-health-greater-st-cloud-development-corporation-partn/
10. “How does the U.S. Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index work?, Gallup, < http://www.gallup.com/poll/128186/gallup-healthways-index-work.aspx >