From urban planning to consumerism, sustainable business practices touch every part of our lives…and impact your bottom line.
Sustainability objectives have become part of many organizational strategic goals. Global companies are making news as they work to reduce their energy footprints. But they aren't alone. There are many companies and organizations in the St. Cloud area that are taking “going green” to heart.
Following are the sources By mary macdonell Belisle used in this story that appeared in the March 2015 issue of Business Central Magazine
1. McKinsey Global Survey, < http://www.sustainablebrands.com/digital_learning/research/mckinsey-global-survey-business-sustainability >
2. St. Cloud’s 2011 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report, < http://www.ci.stcloud.mn.us/275/Annual-Financial-Reports-CAFR >
3. “Electrolux awarded EU sustainable energy award,” Feb. 2, 2007 < http://group.electrolux.com/en/electrolux-awarded-eu-sustainable-energy-award-1638/
4. “Electrolux named 2011 EnergyStar® Product Manufacturer of the Year,” < http://newsroom.electrolux.com/us/2011/03/15/electrolux-named-2011-energy-star%C2%AE-product-manufacturer-partner-of-the-year/
5. “Electrolux ranked Household Durables Industry Leader in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index,” < http://group.electrolux.com/en/topic/dow-jones-sustainability-world-index/
6. 2013 Annual Report < http://annualreports.electrolux.com/2013/en/Sustainability/CEOStatement.html
7. College of Saint Benedict Sustainability Master Plan 2012, < http://www.csbsju.edu/Documents/CSB%20Sustainability/MasterPlanJune12.pdf >
8. “Giving old stuff new life at CSB,” by Ann Wessel, St. Cloud Times < http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/local/2014/05/16/giving-old-stuff-new-life-csb/9202719/ >
9. “CSB eliminates sale, purchase of plastic water bottles on campus,” < http://www.csbsju.edu/news/water-bottle-policy >
10. East Side Glass, Innovative Power Systems website < http://ips-solar.com/installations/show/east-side-glass/ >